Double-click to enter your text here. Use the text menu to add title text or to style parts of your text.
ENDUROMAN ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 AND 2022.
Due to the demand to attempt the Arch 2 Arc challenge there is now an application process in place. There are currently no slots remaining for 2020. We strongly encourage anyone interested in a 2021 attempt to apply by the end of Dec 2019 at the very latest.
Enduroman will carefully consider athletes from all sporting backgrounds and at any level who are willing to participate, communicate, and enter into the journey with us. The Arch 2 Arc is not something easily undertaken and may take many years to accomplish. We are always happy to give advice to those struggling to meet the minimum physical requirements and are especially pleased when success is achieved after a long struggle.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- Read the relevant pages on the Enduroman website and follow links to ensure you understand what you are entering into. If you cannot find an answer to a question on the website then please contact us. We are always happy to hear from interested athletes.
- Once you are satisfied you understand what is involved, decide when you would like to make your challenge attempt. Depending on your background, we would recommend allowing 1-2 years to build the sea swimming experience needed to attempt a Channel swim. If you are at all uncertain about your experience, again, contact us and we can help advise you.
- Register your interest for a slot with Enduroman using the Interested Athletes Form. The form requests some information regarding your previous sporting achievements and your motivations for attempting the challenge, as well as your preferred year of attempt.
- Enduroman will respond to your application by sending you a booking form. Return the completed booking form along with the booking fee (currently £300 for 2018/19 bookings). The booking fee is non refundable unless your application is unsuccessful.
- If your application is successful Enduroman will notify you in the March/April of the year before your attempt (so March/April 2020 for a 2021 slot). This gives accepted athletes a full 15 months notice to prepare.
- If your application is unsuccessful Enduroman will inform you. As an alternative, you may be offered either a reserve slot (on standby in case someone drops out of the registration process) or a booking for the following year, or if neither of these then your booking fee will be returned to you. These options can be discussed at the time if needed
To re-emphasize, we strongly encourage anyone interested in a 2021 attempt to apply by the end of Dec 2019 at the very latest.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Enduroman are keen to work with anyone considering an Arch 2 Arc attempt. We run informal swim training camps and encourage any athlete who is considering applying for a slot or who has been accepted to come along to one and find out what is involved in a Channel swim.